Thursday, February 18, 2010

our valentine's night out

Since Austin had to work on Valentine's day we decided we would celebrate later on in the week. We had decided on tonight b/c Austin was off today. We also decided it would be a good night for my parents to just keep Colby overnight because I have a hair appointment in the morning anyway that they were going to keep him for.
We went out to Palace Cafe downtown. We were able to park at the Marriott which is right next door. Huge perk of austin working downtown. I think we will both miss this if he moves to another hotel. We ate dinner which was delicious. I had a filet and mashed potatoes....soo yummy. We both also had gumbo! We enjoyed the peaceful dinner to enjoy and visit. Its rare we have a dinner like that because usually I am trying to cram food into Colby or he is begging for food off our plates or something. During dinner we discussed riding the streetcar down St. Charles but then began to think it might take us awhile to get all the way down and back so we scratched that idea for another time. We instead just drove around the quarter then uptown. It was nice just taking in the sights. It makes me so proud to live in such an interesting city. Although we passed so many things that we just don't take advantage of. Our last stop was Starbucks before heading home. It was a fun relaxing night! We got home and it was kinda strange not having to be quiet for fear of waking Colby. I already miss the little dude. But I know this is a good break for us all. He is having fun and getting to know his grandparents. I talked to them and they said he is doing just fine. I am so glad he adjusts so well. My mom said he did seem like he missed us though...I wonder if he thinks we will be gone a week again? I look forward to suprising him in the morning! I am excited to have the morning off as well to take my time getting ready and get my hair done. Just have some mommy time! But I will be totally ready to see my lil man by the time I am done!

No comments:

Post a Comment