Monday, February 22, 2010

what we've been up to







This is just a run down of what has been going on since yesterday. Yesterday was ofcourse Sunday so we went to church. Austin was even off. It was so nice to get to go as a family it was the first time I think since early January. Between Austin working and Colby being sick it had been hard to get the 3 of us there. Sunday School was exciting this week because we actually had 4 kids. I was very happy to see this b/c I get tired of just having Colby every week by himself it just seems pointless I know its not but anyways.



So Broc was there, another girl Amara, and Glenn Paul. Colby did really well him and Amara played the whole time. Broc didn't get into the mix too much b/c he fell asleep around 9:30. I enjoyed seeing Colby interact though with another kid. They played well together and just followed each other around and copied what the other one did. Its fun to see him changing and noticing other kids and beginning to play with them. Glenn Paul didn't come until the end so I didn't get to see him playing with Colby too much although they usually do play together well so I am sure Colby, Amara, and Glenn Paul probably all played. I brought rubber stamps for the kids to play with and make art. Broc and his older brother Brennan I think liked it the most. I was setting it up whenever they came to Sunday School so they played with it for awhile. Colby was more interested in putting the stamps in his mouth and came out looking like a smurf! Amara didn't pay them much attention either. It was nice Austin and I actually got to sit together in worship service as well. This doesn't happen often either due to one of us always having to work in the nursery or him not being there. I thought I was going to have to work in Colby's class but they had it covered. After church we went to Applebees with our friends Josh and Laura. Colby did pretty well after having to be "snapped back into reality" which consisted of a swat on his hand. After that he was fine. I know he was probably just tired and hungry but he was screaming and being pretty loud and I will not put up with that at a restaurant. It was nice to visit with our friends although I don't feel like I get to vist quite as much when I am worrying about Colby constantly! Our Sunday afternoon was pretty much the way they always are we all took naps and relaxed then we took Colby and Allie out for a walk.



Today was another beautiful day so we decided to run errands and take Colby to the park. I know the park has become an often occurence in this house! This time we went to a NORD playground in Algiers. Colby had a blast. There was a grandmother there with a little girl then a mom there with a 2 year old girl and a 10 month old little boy. It was even fun to talk to another mom and she was really nice. Colby was fascinated with the 2 year old little girl. She ofcourse could do a little more then him but he wanted to follow her and do what she did. Its so cute b/c he already seems to like little girls! We stayed for about 30 minutes but I was excited to find another park that we can take him to on occassion. That was pretty much our day we just came home for naps and resting then we will do a walk this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment