Monday, February 1, 2010

no more bottles!!!







Just a few pics of my lil guy enjoying those bottles! Man how's he grown up!



So my baby boy made one more step to being a big boy tonight. He went to bed with no bottle! YAY! We started about 3 weeks ago with no naptime bottles and he has been doing great. I just rock him and sing for a couple minutes then he goes to bed. He has been drinking milk out of a sippy in the morning and has been doing great! So I decided Feb. 1st would be a great day to start with no bedtime bottles. I figured he would do fine since he didn't even seem to miss the nap one.




So tonight after his bath and he got in his pjs we got his blankie, paci, and his sippy and sat in the chair with a book. We read a story, he sipped his milk from a big boy cup, then mommy sang songs, daddy prayed, Colby sipped some more then he put his paci in like ok I'm ready for bed. I was so proud of him! We probably could have done this months ago...I think I was more afraid of him growing up. Kids usually adjust better then we adults do.




I have to say I will miss his bottle time. Even though he got to the point where he wouldn't lay in my lap he would lay on the floor and I would just sit on the couch and watch my little boy. He always looked so precious. But no more. It is a relief though...no more bottles taking up space on our counter, we can put away the bottle warmer, no more cleaning bottles and packing bottles when we go on trips! I just can't believe though he's a big boy!




I am so proud though of how well he adjusts and how well he eats and everything. He is such a healthy eater and such a wonderful sleeper! Thankyou babywise! Anyways so proud of my lil man but sad to say he's turning into a little boy at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment