Monday, May 17, 2010

22 Months!


Wow Colby is only 2 months away from being 2. In fact though he seems more like a 2 year old every day and like he left 1 a few weeks ago. He is getting so grown up and talking so much. He has learned alot of new words lately and can parrot a lot of things too. He isn't really talking in simple sentences yet but I know that will come.
He is starting to be really good at following commands though. He understands SO much. He is also beginning to "pretend" play. Its so fun to watch him learn things. One of the cutest things he did lately was "pretend" to talk on the phone while driving his car in the backyard. He loves being on the go. I try to take him places every chance I get. He only has a couple weeks left of Gymrompers but then swim lessons will start. I can't wait to see what he thinks of that. He has been swimming about 5 times so far this summer and loves it! He gets a little more brave each time! The last time we went he was wanting to just walk straight into the water. This year he wears floaties and really does good with them. He is starting to learn that they will hold him up so he lets go of us and "swims" occassionally.
He still hasn't been to the doc and unless he gets sick he won't go until July for his 2 year checkup. I still have no idea what he weighs but I would guess atleast 30 lbs. He wears a size 5 diaper still and size 2T clothes. I am hoping he will be in size 2T until next spring. That would be great. I mean I will still have to buy winter clothes but a lot of his shirts atleast he can wear through the winter too. I am hoping we can work on potty training...right now he isn't totally interested and I don't want to force it and discourage him. I know boys are usually closer to 2 1/2 anyway before they are ready so we'll see.
All in all he is just a healthy, active little boy and I love him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment