Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The last 2 days...

So the last 2 days have been pretty uneventful. Yesterday Colby and I went to Target to get some beach supplies and a birthday present. As always we bought wayy too much and spent too much money! I always leave there too forgetting something we really needed. But I did get the birthday present a few household items and ofcourse left with stuff for Colby that he probably doesn't need. One of those being a big blue truck. I went down the toy aisle which is always a mistake especially these days b/c he wants everything but I kinda wanted to get him some type of Fisher Price little people toy I was thinking the school bus because he is obssessed with school buses on the road. Well he liked it but then a blue truck caught his eye. I gave him the choice I was definitely not getting both! So the blue truck won out! The rest of our day after Target we just hung out at home. We ordered pizza for dinner when Austin got off work and just had a stay at home family night.
Today Colby had Gymrompers. Nothing really big to report there. He did enjoy riding a little tractor/truck thing around at the end. It was the first time he really did that there. He was having the best time until another little boy decided he wanted it. This kid seems like he is kinda a bully. Once he approached Colby ...Colby got off of the truck but was not happy about it. Then the mom came over and got the little boy off then they were both crying. Finally I convinced Colby it was time to leave anyway and let the other boy get on it. I mean Colby did have it first but he had been on it awhile and the other kid was pitching a major fit and I felt bad for the mom b/c she had another baby with her too. I know how I would feel if that were me. So the little boy got it and Colby got happy about leaving so all was well.
When we got home we tried to figure out where this really bad stench is coming from. My dad was afraid it was coming from our house. Austin and I smelled it last night and he thought it was in the garage but we checked everywhere. He said last night it smelled like old seafood...so that is what we thought it was that someone boiled something and threw the carcases out. Well this morning before we left for Gymrompers the odor was horrible! Colby was about to gag because of it. My dad worried that it might be something in our gutters or on our roof. We couldn't see anything so we don't know what is going on. It seems to be coming from our neighbor's house though. Hopefully tonight when Austin gets home we can investigate some more. The smell is not as bad now but it might be because the wind switched directions.
So the rest of the day we are just hanging out here. Our friends Josh and Laura are coming over and we may either grill burgers or pick some up to eat. It will be fun to hang out with them some. Tomorrow Colby has a playdate with Cameron at the Children's museum so that should be exciting! Then Thursday is our grocery day then Friday we leave for Destin! Busy week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment