Monday, May 17, 2010

Storytime

Today we didn't have anything happening and I saw a few of my friends post that they were going to Storytime at the library. I decided I would take Colby. We had gone when he was a lot younger but not lately. I kinda forget about it plus we get so busy we can't always make it weekly.
I was so glad we went. They had like redone the children's part of the library. Its really nice...it has a castle the kids can climb and play in and all kinds of new tables and chairs. Colby had a blast. He even made a couple friends. There was this little girl who was 3 sitting at a table and they sat down together and she just talked to him and he just sat and listened. It was precious!
He really liked the song portion of storytime he even did the motions and danced. He wouldn't sit down on the carpet yet but I hope if we keep going he will get to that point. He got antsy and wanted to run around. They also close the castle during the storytime which is good b/c I wondered how they would ever get all those kids out of there. I hope next time to get some pictures. They even do an art project at the end. Colby at first really wanted to do it before it was time but by the time they finished the story he was ready to go. I brought the project home though so me and him can do it later. Its a kitty puppet. Anyway I am glad we went and that gives us something to do this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment