Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rainy Day!




Today has just been a rainy day! We started the day by still going to Sunday School though. Sunday School was good although it was only Colby and Cade. Laura helped with the kids since our other teacher Mrs. Shirley is out of town. Both boys did good but are at totally different levels so I feel like I can't quite give them both what they need. Cade needs more one on one attention and floor time whereas Colby is big enough for stories and art. I had brought stuff to paint today but since it was only Colby that could participate I figured it wasn't worth the mess. I can make the mess at home with him. So I left it all there in hopes next time Broc is there we will paint!


After Sunday School the weather was getting worse so we decided to head home. Its been such a busy weekend anyway the extra rest time was good. But I mainly didn't want to chance getting stuck in traffic or floods. I think it was a good decision to come home even though the weather never got really bad. It gave Colby and I a longer afternoon and more time to play and get things accomplished. I hate I missed church but Austin wasn't there and Laura and my mom had to work extended care so I would have had no one to sit with.


Our afternoon has been very relaxing...just hanging out no where to be. I am actually not minding the rain. We have been so busy and doing stuff the last few days a day at home wasn't too bad. Colby doesn't even seem to mind being couped up. He hasn't played with his toys much lately since we were so busy so I think he was glad to get to stay home and play. We also played in the rain for a bit this afternoon. He loved that! I sat under our patio and put his rain coat on and let him go to town! He was cute ooohhhhing and ahhhhing over the rain! Such a sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment