Monday, May 24, 2010

A Great Day With Dad
















So today Austin was off. He hadn't been off since last Saturday. And before that Destin. So really he hasn't been off for a day at home in I dunno how long! The last 2 times he was off we were traveling. So it was so nice to wake up at home knowing we didn't have to be anywhere.





We decided to get out and run errands though. I told Austin I could bring Colby to storytime at the library and he could have the house to myself but I think he really wanted to spend time with us. We decided to go to the new Michael's that is close to our house. Before it was like a 30 min drive to get to one. We needed some frames and I thought it would be fun just to walk around. I ended up buying Colby a play food set since he is getting more into pretend play. It will also be handy for Sunday School and any other teaching adventures.





Our next stop was Barnes and Nobles. They have a really nice play area for kids so I figured atleast we could let Colby run around and get out some energy. It was in the mid 90s today so its too hot for the park. Colby had a blast. He loved the train table and also the Sesame Street area. I thought we were going to go home with a Cookie Monster but he forgot about it when he got busy with the trains. I found him a few Elmo books...he loves his Elmo books plus we lost one at the grocery store last week. There were a few other kids there so I got to visit with some mommies and Colby got to play with a couple other kids too.





We thought since it was close to lunch we would just go ahead and stop for lunch on the way home too. We figured Alligator Pear would be good. I had a BLT sandwhich it was really yummy. Colby did really well until he had a pooping situation. Again I think he is soo close to potty training I know I need to consistently work with him this summer...we could tell he had to go but he was crying and getting embarrassed. So I took him into the bathroom and finally convinced him it was ok to go. He didn't go on the toilet but I think he is starting to understand what is going on. Hopefully he will be easily trained. It was havic trying to get him changed and undressed and cleaned up in the bathroom though by myself. He hates those changing tables in restrooms...which I don't blame him they kinda gross me out but I had no other choice. So he was kicking and screaming and I was trying to get him cleaned up as quickly as possible. I'm sure people in the restaurant could hear us! After that though he was an angel. He went back to the table and finished up his lunch.





We got home and ofcourse it was naptime. We all took naps...I think we were all exausted from the past few days! After Colby woke up we had promised him some water time in the backyard. We got his spray pool out. He hadn't played in it since last year. He had the best time though! He splashed and squealed and played for about an hour in it! It was so cute! He cried when we put it away. We finally had to just let all the water out and then he played in his wet swimsuit for awhile. He doesn't mind playing outside in the heat when he is wet so that is the thing to do!





Our friends Josh and Laura called us while we were outside because they were heading to the westbank for an errand. We told them to just come by and have dinner with us. It was so nice to hang out and visit with them. We always have the best time when they come! Colby seems to like them too and ofcourse he keeps us all entertained. He is so good though we keep him on his normal schedule and put him down for bed and he doesn't get upset at all. I know he was tired tonight!





So that was our day! A very great one! I am so thankful for my little family! I had the best time today with my hubby and little man and look forward to another great one tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment