Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hattiesburg Wedding

Today was Austin's friend Jamie's wedding. It was in Hattiesburg. We planned a day trip because Austin had to work yesterday and has to work tomorrow too! It wasn't bad though. But since it was such a whirlwind trip and a wedding involved we left Colby home with my parents.
We dropped him off this morning. I know my parents were looking forward to this! Austin and I got to Hattiesburg at lunchtime so we decided to go to lunch. It was nice to have the trip up there and lunch just to sit and chat. I missed Colby but it was nice to not have to worry about pleasing a squirmy toddler. We then went to Target. We bought several things for Colby probably b/c we miss him.
After that we were soo tired we went to my parent's apartment for a quick nap then to get refreshed and dressed for the wedding.
The wedding was really small. It was at a golf course place in Hattiesburg. It was very quaint but small and pretty. It only lasted about 15 minutes. We then drove downtown to the Bottling Company which is where the reception was at. It was a really interesting place. It is the place where coke used to be bottled a loong time ago. I enjoyed the reception. We got to talk to several of Austin's old friends. Once Jamie and Melissa got there though and we could speak to them we headed out since we had a 2 hour drive back home.
It was strange getting in to a quiet house but nice at the same time! I miss Colby but a night just the 2 of us is nice once in awhile. Plus I know its good for him to spend time with his grandparents too. My parents say he has been really good! I will just pick him up tomorrow at church! So that was our a day! A busy but good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment