Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mid-Week Happenings











So its been a good week so far! Austin was off again Tuesday so Colby and I went to Gymrompers. Austin stayed home and did yardwork. Then we were all able to catch a short nap then head to my parents to swim that afternoon. It was so fun swimming with my 2 boys! Colby did great! He didn't fuss a bit! He just swam and swam. He loved going back and forth from my parent's fountain to the pool. I am just amazed so far all that he has learned. He knows to sit down right in front of the steps and scoot in. He also has learned places where he can jump safely into someone's arms. He also kicks a little and gets himself to the stairs. He loves when daddy throws him up in the air.





Yesterday (Wednesday) Colby and I made a trip to Target. We hadn't been in awhile so we needed lots of stuff. Colby is such a good little shopper he just sits in the cart like such a sweet angel while mommy gets the stuff we need. I did get him some little boy underwear while we were there. I am thinking of starting casual potty training with him. I am not gonna make a big deal though out of it until he is 2 1/2 so if he doesn't get it this summer I will probably just hold off until after our Disney trip in the beginning of December. After our shopping we got home and Colby wanted to swim. I filled up his pool and he had a blast playing. It seems like every day we are doing some type of water play...its pretty much too hot to do anything else! And Colby loves water! So last night Austin didn't get home until 8. Makes for a long day! I mean Colby was really good but even when he is good a 1 year old is just tiresome and I feel like we run out of things to do! Hopefully all of Austin's days won't be like that!





Today (Thursday) has been a great day too! We went to my parent's this morning to go swimming. I figured 1) it would be a great day to swim and 2) my parents hadn't seen them much this week so I figured we would go hang out! We had a blast! Colby was great in the pool. He swam and played hard. Afterwards we ate lunch and hung out with my parents. He has so much fun at their house! It was nice just to spend the morning away from home. After we came home it was naptime. We haven't done too much the rest of the day. Tomorrow I plan on grocery shopping so it will be a pretty uneventful day also!

No comments:

Post a Comment