Monday, May 17, 2010

FLOOD

So yesterday we had some torrential rains in the Nola area. It had also rained bad Saturday. I woke up Sunday though and it was dry and not raining so I figured it would be alright to go to church. Plus my parents had Colby so I had to go and pick him up anyway.
So I headed out not thinking anything of it. By the time I got to the Superdome I could barely see in front of me. I haven't driven a lot in bad weather like that so it was kinda scary. Everyone was going really slow and had on their emergency flashers. Some areas of the streets were already starting to flood I was so scared I would get stuck somewhere and I was by myself. I had to drive through some pretty deep stuff to get to church. Luckily I arrived safely. We knew with the rain that there wouldn't be many people at church.
So in Sunday School it was just Colby and Cade. Cade wasn't too happy most of the time so he ended up going back and forth taking walks with people. I think he wasn't feeling well and tired. Colby did really well though. He is such a big boy now. It amazes me how grown up he seems. Him and Cade are 10 months apart but there is such a difference...they grow up so much in that 2nd year. I also had to do extended care for Colby's age 1-2s. Again Colby was the only kid. It was a little dissapointing especially after driving through the torrential rains I was just there to basically keep my own kid. I know there probably would have normally been someone else there but with the weather most people stayed at home.
After church we decided to skip eating out since it was still raining. But it had stopped for awhile so we figured all the water had gone down. We were so wrong...we got down Airline and almost got stuck the water was so deep. I hopped the curb in my little honda...that was my only option that or get stranded. We went out a different way and made it home without any issues thank God! The rest of the day was mainly just relaxing. We played outside for a little bit yesterday afternoon but it was pretty wet still. Austin had a Deacon's Meeting too so by the time he got in it was time to bathe and put Colby to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment