Thursday, May 13, 2010

Swim Time

Well today we did our normal grocery shopping but we finished up rather early so I called my parents to see if we could just come swim. I had planned on taking Colby over there this afternoon but since we still had half the morning I figured it would be easier just to go ahead and go. I knew it would be hard to get motivated to get out later plus I am making pasta primavera tonight for dinner so I wanted plenty of time to prepare that. I think my parents were really excited about us coming too.
Colby was a little unsure of at first...that and the water is still a little cool. Its 82 degrees right now. It didn't take him long to warm up though. He did better then he even did in Destin. He let go several times and swam on his own (with floaties). He even ran and jumped in a couple times toward the end. I have a feeling he is gonna be a fish by the end of summer.
He starts swim lessons in a couple weeks and I am anxious to see what all he learns there. He loves the water and it was hard to get him away from my parent's pool. He is gonna have so much fun over there this summer. We only swam for about an hour but it was plenty enough time to work up an appetite and hopefully tire him out so he takes a long nap this afternoon! The rest of the day we just plan on chilling out at home now...praying Austin gets off by 6 too so we can all hang out tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment