Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Park Friends

Today was one of those days we didn't have anywhere specific to be or anything really to do. I decided that I would take Colby to the park. When we first got there there weren't any other kids/moms. I thought it was just gonna be us which was fine Colby was having a blast anyway. Then a young mother came with her little 18 month girl. Colby was fascinated by this girl. He followed her everywhere. If one had to see saw or swing so did the other. It was really cute! Soon came another mom and her 2 kids. Her little girl was 3 and the boy was 17 months. The mom acted as if she knew me and I thought she looked familiar too. We started talking and discovered that our boys had been in the same Gymrompers class. Small world! She also asked if Colby went to Aurora Methodist...I said not yet but he will in the fall. Well same with her little boy! He and Colby will actually be in the same class which I thought was crazy. Anyway I got her name but we didn't exchange numbers hopefully I will see her again in Gymrompers and then next year when the boys are in Mother's Day Out. It was a fun time getting to talk to other moms and watching Colby play with other kids. We even had an invite to a mom's group today and out to eat at Picadilly then to another playground but we had to pass that up. I hated to but the mom's group started at 10 in Belle Chasse and I didn't want to rush off anywhere today and I would have gone out to eat with them but we already were home when she called to tell me where they were going. Colby will miss the park too with that group because he is now napping and I think they were going early afternoon. I am hoping Friday to get another playdate together too! Looks like our summer is gonna be quite busy with friends but that's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment