Sunday, May 23, 2010

Let the children come

So today was church! I ofcourse as always prayed for lots of children to be there. I look forward to seeing lots of little children come to Sunday School and church. I enjoy teaching so its much more fun when we have lots of kids plus I want to see Colby grow up in church with lots of little friends.
I knew it was going to be a fun day when we got there and Broc and Cade were already there. I knew it would be busy also to have 3 boys! Broc is 2, Colby 1 1/2 ofcourse, and Cade is 1. They are all so cute and fun to watch. Colby and Broc mostly do "big boy" things now like paint and play with cars. Cade is still learning the ropes but learned to crawl so he was able to check out the big boys more today! Our art activity was painting with cars. I had done this a few weeks back with Colby at home. I knew Broc would love it...he loves art. You can tell he already goes to school b/c he knows just what to do. Colby on the other hand is getting a little more interested but still not totally sure about it. Broc painted like 3 pictures. Colby wanted to get into it but he wouldn't wear the smock. He ended up picking up a car with paint on it though and rubbing it all over his belly! Sure hope the paint is washable like it says! My mom told the story which suprisingly the older ones listened pretty well!
During extended care they moved Colby and Broc to the 2 year room. I think it helps because after an hour in our room they are usually bored so this gives them a new place and new toys. Well they had 2 little girls in there I think one is 3 and the other 2 1/2 then Broc and Colby and Glenn Paul another little boy who is 1 1/2 were all there. Its funny how some weeks it might just be Colby and then other weeks they have tons of kids! I was glad though that Colby had other kids to play with. My mom ended up staying and helping b/c they were short handed. I was glad she did it made me feel better though about Colby. Plus I didn't really want to stay because I had stayed last week plus this was the first time Austin had been at church in awhile so it was nice to sit in church with him.
After church we went to our favorite McAlister's. Colby did really well! He has been eating a ton lately he must be growing. But he seems like he is getting taller and skinnier! I also forgot to mention he ate a bacon/egg/cheese biscuit and fruit today for breakfast! Well now I am at home...Colby is napping and the rest of our afternoon will be pretty lowkey. Austin won't be home again until late so I will have to do the bathtime/bedtime routine again but thats ok it wasn't too bad last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment