Monday, January 24, 2011

BOOT CAMP day 1

So I have signed up to do a Bootcamp with some of the other MOPS moms. I probably would never go do anything like this by myself but it was more motivating with other moms and friends. The class is offered in English Turn twice a week Mondays and Wednesdays 9:30-10:30. I wish I could do it twice but I felt I could only commit to once a week right now. If it fell on Colby's school days I would do both but seeing as our Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays now have me driving all the way to Algiers I couldn't see making 4 days a week doing that. This way we still have days for playdates and grocery shopping among other things. I think I will see results going once a week...I hope to do some of the excercises at home as well to keep my body in shape during the week. We have also been riding bikes and walking more which has made me feel better.
Anyway today was really good...hard but good. I realized how out of shape I was. Although I think even in my skinnier more in shape days running was never my strong suite...I always hated doing laps in the gym when I played volleyball although I could probably go longer then I can now. I felt like my lungs were going to collapse. My legs felt like jello by the end but I guess that means its working. I am not too sore yet but I know in the morning I will be. I was so tired though I took a 2 hour nap this afternoon!
I haven't done that much hardcore excercise I don't think since early college years! Wow...anyway glad I have the motivation to go by other moms! Looking forward to some awesome results though!
Colby went to my parent's house during all this...they offer childcare at someone's house but I know Colby would feel more comfortable at my parent's house anyway and why pay for one more thing ya know. He seemed to have a good time so this will give them a bonding time once a week!
Its been a good day, a rainy day though so I am glad we got out this morning b/c we have been stuck inside this afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. good for you! Although, I have found that the flu has helped me shed all my news years resolution pounds. Maybe you should throw that in to the mix ;)

    ReplyDelete