Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First Sickness of the New Year

So brought Colby to the doctor today...not how I planned to spend the day we were supossed to go grocery shopping because we have like no food but that will have to wait until tomorrow. He has had a cough since the first of December but it had almost gone away until this weekend. I think something about hotels and the air give him a bad cough. He sleeps at home with a humidifier on so I think that is one difference. Anyway it has turned into the whole runny nose thing and his eye was all goopey yesterday after his nap. I was afraid of pink eye so we went to the doc this morning!
The doctor checked him out and said its an infection in his sinuses which is causing the goop out of his eye. She said his ears were a little red but no infection. She prescribed oral antibiotics so hopefully that will knock out whatever it is! He did really well with the doctor. We saw a new doctor since his original doctor has since retired. She was good but I think I will check with some of the others too and see which I like best. He did really well though...I was very proud. He was very patient and good in the waiting room and then he was a peach for the doctor. She played with him and kinda got to know him first which was nice.
I just hope he gets back to his usual self although he hasn't really acted that sickly but that's just how he is he rarely acts puney even when he is sick! I am a little sad though he can't go to school tomorrow. Its so nice to get that break...but I don't want to pass his germs to anyone else or take the chance of him getting anything else so least he will have a nice long weekend to get well!
So that's our day...its really cold here too meaning we won't be able to get outside much...I may take him out for a little while after his nap though b/c we didn't go out at all yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment