Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Weekend

So we have had a pretty good weekend. Yesterday Colby and I had a low key start to the day. We made a trip up to Walgreens to get a few things but didn't do much else. It was nice to not have to run off anywhere and just enjoy being at home.
My parents came and got Colby after his nap because Austin and I had a Sunday School party to attend and they were keeping him overnight. I know he was excited because when I told him he was going home with Grammy & Granddaddy he waited by the front door. Its always nice to have a break but I sure miss him when he's not here. I am so used to spending so much time with him its strange and almost empty feeling when he's not here. Austin and I did enjoy getting out though and hanging out with some friends. We watched football and played Wii games and just hung out and talked. Laura and Josh hosted the party and they have a 2 month old little boy now. I loved getting to hold him! Made me want another one! It just seems so long ago that Colby was that little! We will probably bring Colby when Jonathan is old enough to interact. We didn't want to bring Colby last night though for many reasons. One because he is still getting over his sinus infection stuff and two because it was 7-10 and thats just too late for him! He would have been cranky!
Today was church. It was so weird getting dressed this morning in an empty house. It was nice but strange at the same time. I was excited to get to church and see my little boy! We had a good time in Sunday School we made door hangers to remind them to pray and talk to God. We talked about how you can talk to God anywhere you are. Colby really got into the coloring and putting stickers on his picture! He has come along way! He used to hate arts/crafts. I had to coax Cade to participate but he finally came over and made one. The boys once again played really well together. Colby is really getting into having someone else to play with. I also had Extended Care with them. We decided to let them go outside and get some fresh air. During extended care we had Colby (2), Cade (1 1/2) and Camryn (4). They all had a blast!
Now we are home and plan to not do much the rest of the day! Colby is always exausted on Sundays so he will probably be asleep for awhile. Once he wakes up we may go outside if its not dark or raining. Austin has a meeting tonight so it will just be me and him hanging out! But that's ok we will find stuff to do! Looking forward to Austin being off the next 2 days though!

No comments:

Post a Comment