Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years 2011

So I feel like this year was a pretty low key New Years. Yesterday we didn't do much at all. My family decided to do our dinner today due to my brother and sister in law being out of town. So Colby and I hung out at home mostly but went to visit my parents just for a short visit. It was nice to have a quiet day at home.
Today was church which made it a bit more busy. We woke up to go to Sunday School...it almost felt strange b/c we have not had a routine Sunday School Sunday in several weeks. It was good to be back! Colby and Cade both did so well and played together so nicely! Colby and I left after Sunday School since we were doing our family dinner tonight. I figured we needed the rest and I am glad I did. We came home and I got caught up on some chores around the house while Colby napped.
Tonight we went over to my parent's house for our tradition New Years dinner...my parents, Austin and I and Colby, Randall & Elizabeth, and Mrs. Eva, and Mrs. Doris were all there. Our dinner was really good and Colby was pretty good. He got aggitated at dinner so I had to put him in his highchair...he ate really well but he's just in this phase where he wants to play while he eats which I am trying to nip in the butt now! He was also a little whiny I think b/c he is used to going and doing what he wants at my parents house but its hard when they are trying to entertain other people. So he was a little out of sorts. I think he was just tired too since we had church and all today.
It was nice to come home tonight and know Austin is off tomorrow! We have been so busy with the holidays it will be nice to have a low key day tomorrow and spend time together! So far though the year is off to a great start! I have so much to be thankful for just trying to focus on that each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment