Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not Much to Post

This week hasn't been to exciting I am just more writing this down so I will have something to look back and read from this week.
Tuesday Colby started back to school. I wondered how he would do since he was out for 2 weeks and really only went like twice before the holidays since he was out for Thanksgiving. He ended up doing just fine and seemed really excited to be back. He even came home with a snowman picture he had made that day.
Wednesday was a really rainy day so we went over to the church to do a little work in my Sunday School room. Colby always enjoys playing with the toys when we go so it was a little outting for us both. Other then that we stayed in all day we didn't even go outside because of the rain. Long day for both mommy and Colby!
Today Colby had school again. This morning started out rough for us both...nothing major just seemed like we weren't clicking. Then we got to school and I wouldn't let him bring his cars/trucks in. He brought one Tuesday and didn't return with it so I didn't want him to lose another one. So he was upset with me already. Then he wanted to play on the playground well while we were waiting for the door to be opened he started climbing well I had to pry him off to go into the classroom and he started wailing. He hasn't ever cried that much I don't think and he hasn't cried in several weeks when I drop him off. I felt awful but I know the best thing is to pry him off and tell him I love him and leave. Sure enough I stood outside the door and I couldn't hear him crying anymore so I left. His teacher also told me when I picked him up that he stopped right away and was fine the rest of the morning! I had MOPS today which was nice. I was in a sorta bad mood before going and felt so refresed afterwards. I am so glad I have chosen to be a part of this group. It helps to just vent with other moms about the stresses of having a toddler.
After we got home we just hung out here and are now waiting on Austin to get home. We are leaving to go to Jackson, Mississippi tomorrow for Austin's sister's wedding so we have lots to do to get ready! I will update when we get back! This will be Colby's first wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment