Friday, January 28, 2011

The Rest of the Week

Yesterday (Thursday) Colby had school. He was very excited to get there. I think he was excited to get to play with Kiley again. While we were sitting in the parking lot Kiley's mom pulled in and Colby immediately went "Kiley" I couldn't believe he remembered what type of car they drove...not to mention they drive a silver van which like 3 other teachers/parents drive as well! Crazy! While we were waiting to go in the classroom too he went up to Kiley and then came back to me and went "Kiley juice". It was like since the day before when they drank grape juice together as a snack they shared some type of bond! I thought that was pretty cute.
Today Austin was off which was nice because it isn't often he is off at the end of the week on a Friday. We had some errands to run and I wanted to get out to the church to accomplish a few things. Austin and Colby played outside in the preschool playground while I worked in my classroom for a little while. I was able to go out and enjoy it with too when I finished up. Colby loves going up to the church...he actually did not want to leave. We have been going more lately on Sunday and Wednesday nights so I think he feels very comfortable there. It makes me so happy that he can feel like that is his second home. I know I always loved being at church growing up and my parents had me there everytime the doors were open. I pray that he will love going to church and also develop a real relationship with Jesus. He is already learning about prayer which is so sweet...he often reminds us about the blessing before we sit down and eat.
After finishing up at church we decided to go ahead and go eat. We went to Chili's because I was craving mashed potatoes and I really didn't know of any other place that had them. I had chicken and mashed potatoes and corn...it was really good. Since Austin is off all day after Colby's nap we hope to get out and take a bike ride. We haven't gone in a few days and I am anxious to get out again...Its been a fun day I am thankful for days like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment