Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sick Day # 2

So this is the 2nd full day of Colby being sick and I already feel like I have cabin fever. I hate to sound like a complainer b/c God only knows it could be so much worse but I hate when we are couped up in the house. He fortunately hasn't been whiny or anything so he's actually taken it all very well...probably better then me!
It just seems like not going to school today really made for a long day...we did go grocery shopping but I just hate he didn't get to go anywhere and play. And normally I would have let him go outside and play even when he's a little under the weather but it hasn't gotton above 40 today. And I am not usually one to think the cold will make it worse b/c its not that I just don't want to freeze out there or him its just bitter cold...not fun at all. I also don't want to complain about the weather though b/c it is January and honestly this is how January should be...COLD! I like that we have had 4 full seasons this year. I like the cold and it hasn't bothered me until it was paired with sickness. If Colby weren't sick he would have gone to school today... and if he weren't sick we would probably find somewhere to go indoors tomorrow to play.
I hope by tomorrow he is well enough we will probably run some errands then if it warms up to the 40s or 50s we will find a park! My little boy needs some sunshine and so does his momma! I just keep telling myself though the weekend is almost here...we have lots to look forward to after tomorrow. Saturday night we have a couple's sunday school party then Sunday is church and Monday and Tuesday Austin is off so we should be able to get out! So really its not that bad I just feel like today has been a long day and wish my little guy could have gone to school but that's ok! I have enjoyed my time with him because he really has been a sweetie!
He was precious in the grocery store he named off almost every food we passed and talked with all the ladies there. He was in definite "ham" mode! Precious! I love his new talking skills! Its so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment