Tuesday, November 17, 2009

16 Months




Today Colby is 16 months old! I really can't believe how fast time flies! He is learning new things every day. I would say this month his accomplishments are: he is getting to wear he can step up to things (we are still working on stepping down), he has several new words (truck, easy, up, and many others I can't think of). He is getting really good at communicating with us. One of his latest things he does which I think is adorable whenever he hears the garage door go up and Austin backing in he starts saying "truck" and heads for that door. He loves when his daddy comes home. He also says "dog" anytime he hears Allie barking. These things prove that he is not only smart but has great ears. He is really slimming down I don't think he was ever fat but he had the usual baby fat. But he is losing a lot of that...to me he looks like a little skinny minny but he's so active so its easy to understand plus he really doesn't eat any junk food so he should be in great shape! He is still in gymrompers and loves it. He has learned to do so much more. He loves the outdoors I think he could stay out all day if we would let him. He has discovered a love of popsicles and ice I think the cold just feels good on his mouth. He is wearing size 18-24 month clothes. His pants are a little long but for the most part that size is really perfect for him. He is in size 5 diapers. He loves to eat but like I said he eats mostly healthy stuff. He loves fruit so we always keep stock in strawberries and bananas. He still eats fruit baby food especially in the morning with his toddler cereal. Other then that though he is on table food. He loves all pasta. One of his favorites is ravioli. He has also started eating baked potatoes. So he's a mess what can I say...I love him so much and I really can't imagine life without him now. He keeps me very entertained during the day and I love having a little buddy to go run errands with me! Its just hard to believe last year he was only 4 months old around Thanksgiving. He was still taking bottles every 3 hours. He still drinks milk in a bottle twice a day. Once before nap and once before bed but we are going to work on this after the first of the year. But he just loves those milk bottles before sleeping so much. He doesn't go to bed with it so I don't really see it as too big a deal. He also still takes a pacifier to sleep with but I don't let him have it during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment