Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful for...




Today I am trying to reflect on all the thing I have to be thankful for. I know I don't say it or think it often enough. I am trying to focus today on a positive attitude and thanking God for all He has blessed us with.


1) I am thankful for my little boy Colby. I think back to 2 years ago and I can't even imagine the holidays without him. He brings such joy to us all. I am also thankful that he has been so healthy so far. We have made it through almost a year and a half with not too many major illnesses. I thank God every day for that.


2) I am thankful for my wonderful husband, Austin. I couldn't ask for a more patient, hardworking man. He puts up with me even when I am moody. He works hard at work so that I can stay home with Colby. He also works even harder at home. I also am thankful that he is a godly man and I know will be an awesome role model for our son.


3) I am thankful for my family. Austin and I have both been blessed with wonderful parents and I think we are really lucky. They all get along too. In fact we are doing Thanksgiving down here with my parents, his parents, Randall, and most of Elizabeth's family. Its really great we all get together and there is no fighting about where we will spend holidays!


4) Most important I am thankful for my relationship with Jesus. I know without Him I would probably not have all these other wonderful things in my life. I am also thankful we live in a country where I can freely worship and not have to worry about anything!


Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am looking forward to spending the day tomorrow with family and friends and lots of good food too! I think it will be a little bit more interesting with Colby this year. Last year he was very young and slept or fussed most of the time. This year I look forward to what he enjoys about Thanksgiving and what are his favorite foods! So I'll be back with an update on our turkey day! The pictures included are from last year's Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment