Saturday, November 7, 2009

such a big boy!


Well I know I have said it before but I realize more and more how big Colby is getting. There is really not much "baby" left in him. I guess the reality has hit even more now that I have 2 good friends with newborns. Looking at their pictures and seeing them in person I am like wow Colby is so big but it feels like yesterday I was there with that newborn baby. I think every stage has been my favorite and I try not to even say I can't wait till...b/c I know those days will come all too fast. But I have been looking back at pictures and seeing where we were last year. And granted I miss my baby from that time but gosh this year with the holidays I think will be even more fun. I mean he was so young last year he didn't get the holidays at all and really they were even somewhat stressful with a young baby. This year he still won't get much of the point but he's gonna have fun as we have already seen with Halloween. I discovered today he really knows what a pumpkin is...we were outside and he was out by the sidewalk and I said Colby where is your pumpkin go get your pumpkin and he trotted up the driveway to the front door and picked up his baby pumpkin! It was just amazing that he has learned that just since October. Before then he had no idea what a pumpkin was. But I guess he saw so many and we talked about them so much he has learned. He also is saying truck, kitty, easy, blankie, those are his new words. He is walking so well he hardly ever falls. In fact I would say he is almost running. His new game is when you say Colby come here he takes off in the other direction and he is pretty quick!

Well the rest of our week has been fine. Friday morning we went to my parents house which was really fun. I love being back "home" around the holidays. We walked over to the park and hung out. It really brought back memories of me growing up which is going to be so fun to take Colby over there the older he gets. He had a blast as well. Today we didn't do much. We kinda thought we were going to go to the park today with a friend to feed ducks but I woke up with a headache and got a slow start to the morning and really wasn't in the mood to rush off with Colby. We have had a pretty full week so it was nice to stay at home. Although usually by the end of the day I am saying to myself we should have gotton out! Oh well I guess it was good for us to rest and stay home. Because tomorrow will be busy. We have Sunday School then church which I am in the nursery for both then we will go eat with my parents, then they are taking Colby home and we are having friends over to watch the Saints game. So it will be a packed day but fun! So hopefully I will have more to say about the rest of our weekend tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment