Wednesday, November 11, 2009

sandbox= no fun for Colby

So last night we went out and bought some sand a small box so that Colby could play. I am not really big on actual sandboxes because they seem as if they wouuld get so nasty. I figure this way there is a lid so it can be closed up and its small enough and we have so much sand that whenever this gets yucky I can just replace it. Its also to try out in Sunday School because that was one of the ideas for the kids to do. So Colby has never really played with sand. He was 9 1/2 months old the last time we were at the beach. He wasn't too fond of it then but I figured he was still young. I really think now he would like the beach. But I figured this would be a fun, new experience for him. Since I get to stay at home with him I try to do creative things with him.
So today after his nap I got the sandbox out gathered up some appropriate toys and set him in the yard with it. Well all he did was throw toys into the sidewalk. He only even touched the sand once and when he did he was like oh yuck. He doesn't like to be dirty which I am not sure if I created that monster because I never let him get dirty or what! So basically our little adventure ended after 5 minutes because he wanted to just walk down the sidewalk. Oh well maybe another day! Now my next crazy idea is painting! I'll let you know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment