Monday, November 16, 2009

Another fun weekend with friends

Well we have had another busy couple of days. Yesterday was Sunday and church fills most of our day. Sunday School was good although Colby was the only one there =(. Its a little sad when its just him although he has just as much fun I guess it just doesn't seem as fun to me. I had planned to let them play in sand but didn't even get it out since it was just Colby there. Oh well maybe next time. He was good though...much better then the previous week. Austin and I actually got to sit in church together (this is a rare occurance between nursery duty and the Sundays Austin has to work). After church we went to McAlister's with our friends Josh and Laura. This was fun but not too relaxful since we did have Colby with us. We should have sent him home with my parents but I was just thinking they had company all weekend and probably wanted to rest some plus Austin had a deacons meeting that night so I wanted him to get to hang out with Colby some. Colby was good at first but then I think he wanted to poop but he won't poop in public places so he got a little grumpy which is understandable. He was fine once we got home and he got that out his system. Poor little guy he comes and finds me to come change him immediately. This is something new which hopefully means he will be easy to potty train. In fact we bought him a potty today not really to hurry up and train him or anything b/c he is only a year. But just to get him used to the idea. We figure we will start putting him on it at night b/c he always pees between getting his clothes off and getting to the tub. So we will just cheer and make a big deal out of it. I am thinking he will be easy but who knows?!? So we had a good afternoon we all rested then Austin had his meeting.
Today Austin was off again so we all went to Target. We got a lot of things that we needed and did a little Christmas shopping in the process. Afterwards we picked up stuff for dinner for our friends tonight. We cooked for our friends Josh and Laura. They came over tonight and we ate and watched football and talked and the guys even played playstation. It has been so great for us to have another couple to just hang out with. It kinda mixes up our week from just the daily routine that we have really been in for the last year and a half. Colby also seems to enjoy their visits he seems to have really taken to Laura. He is so good too when we put him down to bed he doesn't even make a peep even while we still have friends here. I am so glad we can do that. Anyway it has been a fun couple of days. I hate to see austin go back to work after these fun times. But Colby and I have Gymrompers tomorrow which is always fun. But I think tomorrow afternoon him and I are just going to enjoy some downtime at the house! We plan to go see baby Jax one day this week and then we are going to MS this weekend so the week won't slow down much!

No comments:

Post a Comment