Monday, November 30, 2009

Santa Claus is comin to town

So today Colby got to meet Santa for the 2nd time. He probably won't remember it though and I know he doesn't remember last year either. Last year he was only 4 months old when he met him so he didn't mind being held by him a bit. This year I was a little more concerned that being 1 and in the middle of separation/stranger anxiety that Santa would make him cry. But I knew we had to atleast try. I want his picture taken every year atleast until he is too old and tells me he doesn't want to. So we brought him to Lakeside today to go ahead and get it done. We went last year at the end of November and it was great no lines. Same way today we didn't have to wait at all. And he sat on his lap with no problem. He was antsy about wanting to get down and check out all the decor but he wasn't scared at all! I was so proud of him. Now 2 months ago it might have been a different story...but he seems to be growing up and not minding going to other people so much. So yay the Christmas Santa picture was a success! We then took him to ride the Christmas Express train. He loved it again. He got to ride it at Halloween and loved it then. I am so glad he is not scared of things like this! It was a big morning! He also got to help pick out his 2nd Christmas ornament. Each year I want to get him an ornament so that when he is grown and married he will be able to fill up his own tree. So the morning was a successful one for sure! We are leaving for our cruise in just a few days so I wanted to get a lot of this done so we are not stressing out when we get home! I wish I had a picture of him to post with Santa but we don't have a scanner so you will just have to imagine but it came out really cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment