Sunday, November 22, 2009

Football Madness and a Sick Mommy =(

Well this has been a whirlwind weekend. We left early yesterday to go to Hattiesburg for USM's final home football game. Once we got there we met my parents and Austin's parents at Olive Garden for lunch. It was ok but Colby was definitely not in the mood to sit in a restaurant. He did pretty well at first but I know he was hungry b/c he chose not to eat a huge breakfast and normally I would give him cereal as a snack midmorning but since we were in the car he missed his snacktime. So he had some goldfish crackers to tide him over. I ordered him ravioli which he loves. He really likes any kind of pasta. So he did well at first but then got cranky and started pitching a fit. I am not sure if it was due to him not wanting to eat b/c I think he liked it I think he just was done being contained b/c he had sat in the car for 2 hours and then had to sit in a highchair. It got a little stressful though for me b/c you have 2 sets of grandparents trying to help and asking what is wrong...that is all fine and good and I know they are only trying to help but sometimes that just makes it harder. So finally when I had mostly finished my plate I just took him outside. It was easier then listening to him fuss and everyone worrying about him. Once we went outside he was fine. So next we went his parents house which he had fun walking around there. Then we took him to get a nap. Around this time was when my head started hurting but just thought it was a headache. So we all rested and napped. Colby woke up around 4. But he was still not in a good mood. Finally around 4:30 I figured he was probably starving b/c again he didn't eat much for breakfast and didn't eat a huge lunch so poor guy. He started begging for puffs. I mean he was literally begging...poor little guy! Luckily my mom had started cooking him dinner so we just let him eat at like 4:50 and I think he gobbled it down too!
At 5 it was ready to head to the game. I was kinda excited about it but at the same time I could just sit through a game until halftime and then go home and watch the rest on tv. Especially since it was cold and rainy. But I knew it would be good just to get out and I know Austin and my dad really wanted me to go. And the grandmothers were looking forward to keeping Colby. It was a good game so I was glad I went. Although in the 4th quarter they had a weather delay. I have never been to a game when this has happened. So we waited like an hour before it restarted. Luckily though our seats are on the club level so we have access to an indoor area with tvs and food. So it wasn't so bad. And again I was glad I stayed. But during the game my nose kept running and I thought it was just because of the cold weather. Well this morning I woke up and was all stuffed up. My head just feels like it could explode! I guess its just a sinus cold thing. I am going to take some medicine tonight and hope by tomorrow I am a new woman. I really don't have time to be sick this week. I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow for company and Thanksgiving, then we have a hair appointment Tuesday for Colby and Wednesday Austin's family is coming. I am also really praying Colby doesn't get this mess...although I am pretty sure he will. He is already coughing slightly and sneezing occassionally. I just hope if he does its not a big deal. Because again a cranky little boy on Thanksgiving will be no fun. He was cranky last year and it was really stressful. Well just pray we all get well by Thursday! I look forward to how Colby enjoys Turkey Day this year and seeing what good food he will eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment