Wednesday, October 14, 2009

GymRompers and the Future

Well I will start out on the lighter topic! GymROMPERS! We finally got to go back. We only missed 1 week but it seemed like forever since we had been. Today it was only Colby and this little girl Lola. Kinda sad when not many show up...I like it better when there are atleast 4 or more there. But Colby didn't seem to mind. He was very busy the entire time. He is also getting so much braver. I think back to June when he would hardly do anything there unless we made him do it and now he goes off and explores on his own. He is getting a little more antsy during circle time then he used to but I think thats just due to the walking stage. But he still comes back and sits for the majority of it. Which none of the others do. Well the lady told us today though that they were going to cancel this class. But there is a Tuesday class same time same age group with a lot more kids. So now we will be going on Tuesdays. That is fine with me since our weeks are usually pretty open it should work out fine. Now I just have to remember next week =).
Well the other part of my post is about Austin's job situation. While we were in San Antonio he recieved a call from Wesley Medical Center in Hattiesburg. He had applied there way back after Katrina. But now it turns out they are creating a new position and liked the sound of his resume. From what we understand it would basically be what he does now only in a hospital instead of a hotel. He has an interview Friday. I think he really likes the idea of moving there. The cost of living is a lot lower so we would be able to afford a much bigger house and Colby could attend public school. I like the ideas of these things as well but I guess I am just nervous about the idea of moving. I love Hattiesburg and I guess if we had to move it is the best option, but I am a New Orleans girl through and through and I know I would miss my hometown. I know there are not so good things about New Orleans but there is so much good too. I mean I feel like there is TONS of stuff to do and since I am used to the city life I am just worried I will get bored there. Luckily though it is close to several big cities so we could make day trips to New Orleans, the coast, or Jackson, or even Mobile. So I guess all in all it wouldn't be too bad. The other thing I have reservation about is the family situation. I am not sure what my parents would decide to do. They have an apartment there so I know they would defintely spend a lot of time there. They really love Hattiesburg as well. They have even talked of moving there. Which they might do. But then we would have my family and Austin's. And now granted it would be nice with a lot of stuff but at the same time Austin and I are pretty independent and we don't even do stuff with my parents a whole lot. I just don't want it to get awkward to where people get their feelings hurt that we don't always want to hang out with family. We like time with family but we also like time to ourselves. I guess it would be cool though that Colby would grow up with Shelbi and Maggie. They are each 2 years apart so I hope they would be close. Not sure though how close he would be when he's older since he is the only boy but I am sure we could have some fun times while they are all young. I think I would enjoy having the girls over too and being the fun aunt again. When we lived in Hattiesburg after Katrina I kept Shelbi a whole lot. And that was fun! She always adored me. I don't think she knows me as well now b/c we only see them every couple of months and Maggie really doesn't seem to know us but maybe if we moved there we could be close to them! So who knows we are really just praying about it at this point. So we'll see! Austin will have the interview Friday so we will know more then just keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment