Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkins and Trains OH MY!











Well today Austin was off so we decided since we had to go across the river to pick up my car we would take Colby to do something fun. We needed to get pumpkins anyway so we took him to the St. Martin's Pumpkin Patch. I really hoped to take Colby a "real" pumpkin patch or atleast one in the country but we'll see maybe before October is over we can still do that! Well he had a blast. He didn't care all he did was walk around saying "touch" and touching each pumpkin! It was very cute! The holidays are going to be so fun this year while he is at this age of discovery! I am so excited about each new experience he has because he seems to enjoy it! I am not sure if its just because he is my first child but I have never really seen children this young get into and enjoy things like he does. I mean we were around Shelbi and Maggie a lot at this age and I don't remember them liking to do all he does...but maybe its just b/c I am a parent now and know him so well who knows. But he does he loves life! Well we stayed at the patch for about 30 minutes and just let him roam around and scout the place out. It wasn't crowded so he could pretty much go wherever.




Afterwards we said we would take him to Lakeside to ride the Ghoul Train! You know the little train they set up with each holiday with a different display! I used to love this when I was a kid. Well people kept saying he's too young he will get scared. And honestly I wasn't sure! But I knew we just had to try it and if he cried then we wouldn't make him do it. But he loved Chuck E. Cheese...and he just seems to be fearless when it comes to rides like his mommy. So we brought him straight to the train strapped him in and walked away. I expected some tears since he often will tear up when we leave him in nursery situations but nope not a one he just sat there like a big boy read for the train to go! He had both arms propped out and was just chilled out! He was so cute! He was the youngest on the train! In fact the lady running it had to ask us how old he was. I guess they have to be a year to get on! Well he loved it! I think he was more chilled then some of the older children. It was fun because everyone at the little parent station was laughing and pointed saying look how cute that little boy is in the back! Well as a proud parent I think I almost welled up with tears. It was one of those moments when you are like wow my little baby is growing up! I can't imagine what a wreck I will be when he toddles off to preschool. Well after the train we shopped a little then ate lunch. Again my big boy ate a happy meal and enjoyed it all! This will not be a normal occurance in our home for him to get 2 a week but it just happened this week! Plus I figured it was a special day for him so why not! But he eats mainly the nuggets I only give him like 6 fries. He also still ends his meal with some type of fruit so that is good too! Well we came home and put him to bed and he shouted and squealed with excitement for a little while but now all is quiet so maybe he is dreaming of pumpkins and trains!

No comments:

Post a Comment