Friday, October 23, 2009

Praying for Patience

Ok wow this week has been crazy! I am not sure if I am just really tired or Colby has been very active or what! It all began with going to the doc Monday. He got 2 shots. Well the shots always seem to mess him up for about a week. Its not so much that he is really cranky or even doesn't sleep or cries a lot. He just changes! All this week he has been driving me crazy! Ever since Sunday I don't think he has napped for very long. He has had a busy week too so you would think he would appreciate his naps. Sunday he was with my parents, Monday the doctor and errands with mommy and daddy, Tuesday he had Gymrompers, Wednesday we went to the library and grocery store, and Thursday we had MOPS. Whew I know I am exausted. I have really been losing my patience with him all week and I feel so guilty afterwards. I know he really isn't a bad kid. I mean he sleeps through the night and doesn't whine and cry all the time. On occasion he does but he is usually pretty easy to distract. But gosh this week I have just not been able to deal with it I guess the fact of him not napping bugs me too. He goes down really easy and then like an hour later he starts playing. I know I should be grateful that he naps at all but he typically naps 3 hours a day. I know I shouldn't complain and I knew one day those 3 hour naps would end but I just didn't see it as being this soon. Especially b/c he has been down to just the 1 nap for quite awhile. Although I should have known better b/c I was not a napper. I am now but wasn't as a child I always had boundless energy and that is what he seems to have.
Well today after being annoyed all week I told myself I would be better and I was happy just to stay home and not have to rush out the door so I figured it would be less stressful b/c we had no deadline or schedule to meet. Well the morning began with cleaning up puke. I stupidly made Colby scrambled eggs...well I made them for me but I wanted him to eat some. I want him to expand his morning breakfasts from just the cereal and fruit he eats. I mean I am glad he eats so healthy but I would like him to change it up some. So I gave him a few bites. Well he really didn't want any but I kinda tricked him with atleast 2 or more bites and he ate it. But it wasn't much at all. Well I left him alone and went to the sink to start cleaning up the mess and I turn around to see him throwing up all over! I ran over and grabbed him and had to hurry and wipe him down then I ended up just putting him in the tub. Well about the egg thing...I am not sure if he is allergic...he has done this with scrambled eggs on about 5 occassions now. The other times though he was much younger so I didn't think much of it plus a few weeks ago I had given him eggs (I can't remember how they were prepared) but he ate them and had no problem. So I am very confused. I would think if he were allergic he would break out in some type of rash or the throwing up would be later on once he digested it. But it literally goes in his mouth and 2 minutes later he throws up...wierd I dunno. Guess I will leave scrambled eggs alone for awhile. Well I still stayed patient though after all this b/c I knew it wasn't his fault. So on our morning went. Well by naptime I knew he was tired and cranky and after not napping well all week I thought to myself this is it! He will hopefully sleep for 3 hours and I can rest and get stuff done. NOPE at 1 or so he was already up. Well I left him in there for awhile. Because I just NEED that time! Its the only time during the day I really have to myself. So that just put me in a bad mood and the rest of the day I know my patience was very thin with him. I feel bad b/c I know he is too young to really know any different. I love him more then anything! Anyway I am just praying that tomorrow will be a GREAT day for us! We don't really have any plans as of now but I will probably let him play outside some. Well thats all for now...but if you do read this pray for me and that God will just teach me patience...I know every mom has this kinda day but I want to be the best role model I can be for him so God just grant me patience please!

No comments:

Post a Comment