Sunday, October 18, 2009

SUNDAY!

Well today was our usual Sunday routine. Sunday School, church, then lunch, go home watch Saints game. First let me start out with Sunday School! Colby was in a great mood today! He did wonderfully in Sunday School. I don't think he cried a bit! It was him and Broc there today. They really don't interact much. I wish they would play more. It just seemed like Colby and Blake played more together I guess maybe it was because they were together in church for the whole first year of their life. Oh well maybe they will warm up to each other eventually. They definitely enjoyed snack time! I could not get over how much both boys ate. They had a smorgusboard of goldfish, puffs, and animal crackers. Colby loves the snack time. He always goes to the table and starts pulling out chairs when he is ready and saying "lunch". I am not sure if maybe this is b/c this is about the only time during the week he gets snack?
Well after Sunday School I dropped Colby off in the 1-2 year old room for extended care. He cried a little at first but by the time I passed by the room and asked how he was doing they said he was walking around playing...whew...that always makes me feel so much better. He really has never been one to just cry uncontrollably for me (except for that one MOPS meeting). Maybe he does well at Metairie b/c he has been going there every week pretty much since he was 1 1/2 months old. He knows the surroundings and people. They always give me a report when I pick him up. They said he was very busy and squealed a lot. They also said he took to Mr. Brent which I think is funny. I guess besides his dad and grandpas I have never seen him interact with another man...wish I could have seen it! Oh well sounds like he had a fun day!
Then the grandparents got to take him home today. They keep him atleast once a month on Sundays. It really could be more but it just seems like we always have other stuff going on that it only works out once a month. This allows austin and I to go out to eat for lunch. Its rare that we get to sit peacefully in a restaurant and eat. We chose to go to Alligator Pear. It was really good and it was nice to just sit there and visit. Although it always feels wierd to not be carrying a toddler around! We then came home and got in our comfie clothes and settled in to watch the Saints! What a game! I am so proud of the Saints! This might really be their year! We took naps and now I am just catching up on a few things before I go pick Colby up. Again it was a great day! Wish I had pictures I keep forgetting to bring my camera to church!

No comments:

Post a Comment