Saturday, October 10, 2009

My big boy...no longer a baby




Well each day I guess it hits me a little more that Colby is a little boy now and not so much a baby. Its really wierd how it seems as if they go to sleep one night a baby and wake up a big boy. But he officially seems more like a little boy now. He is walking really well...almost up to a run. He says many words (he seems to learn a new word a week on average). Some of his new ones are (truck, blankie, good, fish,) these accompany the ones he has been saying for awhile (milk, walk, dada, work, dog, book, juice, lunch, mama, touch) there are probably many I am forgetting too. He is also eating all table food now. He still eats the graduates meals but I think those are more like table food then baby food now anyway. We try to feed him whatever we eat at night for dinner. He did really well on the trip experimenting with new things. Yesterday he ate his first Happy Meal. I don't want him to be a "fast food" kid but I figure once in awhile as a treat is ok. He hardly ever has that type of food. He normally just eats a couple french fries. But yesterday Austin was bringing home lunch so I said get Colby a meal too and yes he ate almost all of it! Then last night he had lasagna with us for dinner. Tonight we are cooking jambalya but I think it will be too spicy for his taste so I am going to steam some veggies and give him some mac n cheese. My goal is not to cook seperate things for him too often but in a case like this where the food is too spicy I will make an exception.


He is a very busy boy and keeps me on my toes. Since we got in from our trip we haven't done much other then grocery shop and hang out at home. I think we will both be ready for some socialization tomorrow at church. But when we are home he is always on the go. His favorite thing to do now is to scatter his toys throughout the house. I look forward to in another year when he can help pick up. Right now he just doesn't understand but one of these days he will have to pick all the toys up himself. He loves outside too. We have been trying to go walk twice a day. He also enjoys playing with balls outdoors. I just wish we would have some cooler weather then we would probably spend most of our day out and that would be just fine with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment