Wednesday, October 28, 2009

pumpkin carving and Charlie Brown!







Last night we decided to go ahead and carve our pumpkins. It was the best day to do it this week since Austin was off. He usually doesn't get in from work most nights until 6 or later so carving them later this week would have been tough and I didn't want to wait until Halloween to do it! This way we get to enjoy them all week! This was Colby's first pumpkin carving. We didn't even carve them last year. I wanted to but we ran out of time. And really he was only 3 months old so he didn't know the difference. We got all our supplies together and headed out to the front yard. Colby mainly enjoyed the time outside. He is such an outdoor boy! We tried to get to him touch the inside of the pumpkin...he did once and that was it. I guess he thought it was yucky! He really doesn't like to be messy I don't think. Maybe next year he will be more interested in that part. I have been thinking of getting him some sand to play in...I feel like he doesn't really get too many chances to get messy so I figured that might be fun? We'll see! So we got the pumpkins carved...they look so cute! Then before bedtime The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown was on tv so we let Colby stay up for a little while. He didn't really watch it...he isn't too much into TV yet. But we loved comparing him to Linus. Well I am so excited about the upcoming holidays and can't wait for Halloween Saturday! Here are a few pics from the pumpkin carving!

No comments:

Post a Comment