Thursday, October 22, 2009

MOPS!

We had MOPS today and I think it was just what we both needed. Time away. Colby has been getting on my nerves all week..he has been a little more ill mannered then usual and just getting into more trouble. I am not sure if its due to teething, his shots from Monday, or just a normal toddler attitude. Probably a combo of all 3! Well yesterday I had about had enough! I finally lost it with him after dinner. I really feel like I don't get a lot of time to myself...I know no moms do but I guess sometimes it gets to me more then others. I also recognize that a lot of this is my fault b/c we do have people who would keep Colby while I got out. But I guess I want to do it myself and I also feel guilty and miss him when I leave him. Well today we had MOPS and I was even tempted not to go just because we have had to go somewhere every day this week since Sunday and I am tired. But I knew that if I didn't go I would regret it. Plus we missed the last meeting and I know if I missed 2 in a row it would be hard for both of us to go back at all. So we went ahead and went. It was really great...they had pampering type stuff for the moms today. I really didn't participate much in that but it was nice just to visit and kinda sit back for a couple hours without dealing with Colby. Although in the back of my mind I was feeling bad and praying that he was not crying the whole time like he did a few weeks ago. Well a little after 11 I decided I would go ahead and get him...it lasts until 11:30 but I knew he would be getting tired so I went and picked him up. The lady said he did great...she said he got a little fussy at times but I am sure all the kids did! So I was so thankful for that! I hope now each time he will do better and better! I keep telling myself and him that we gotta get used to this b/c next year I really want to put him in a Mother's Day Out program 2 days a week. I think it would be good for him and I. I need the time and I think it would mature him and get him ready for preschool. Right now he is a little timid around other kids especially older ones and since his b-day is in July he will always be at the younger end of his class (unless we held him back which I really do not want to do) so I think start MDO next year would be good for him. So this is just a little taste of "school" for him! Well we got home and played for a bit then ate lunch and now Colby is napping and I am planning on resting too some! Although there is lots to be done around the house also!

No comments:

Post a Comment