Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Out in the Country











Monday morning we took off and drove to Hattiesburg. We were supossed to go over the weekend for USM's homecoming but Austin just couldn't get off work. Austin's family hadn't seen Colby since early September so we figured we should bring him up! We left early Monday because we wanted to have plenty of visiting time with his parents before lunchtime/naptime. We got to Hattiesburg around 10 am. I think his parents were very suprised at how much Colby had grown. The last time they saw him he was barely toddling around. Now he's full out walking and doing a lot of talking too. He has graduated from baby to little boy. He seemed to enjoy the visit. He loved walking around a new place. He explored every room of their house and the front and back yards. It was a little nervewracking at times though because when you are at someone else's house its not guaranteed to be baby proofed. Our house for the most part is but here where they aren't used to having a 1 year old around (his cousins are now 3 and 5). So I constantly followed behind him making sure he didn't eat anything he wasn't supossed to. This gets pretty tiring! So we ate lunch and then headed to the apartment for naps. Colby is in this phase of where he poops like 40 minutes into his nap so this happened Monday but we went in changed him and he didn't fight being layed back down so I know he was exausted from the traveling and playing with the grandparents and cousin.




Once he woke up we drove out to the country to where Wendi and Harvey live. Wendi was working but Austin's parents have to go pick Shelbi up from preschool so they usually fix dinner for the girls and Harvey. So we just went over there too. This is the first time we really went there where Colby could play outside with the girls. The only other time he had been there was for Maggie's b-day and then he wasn't walking so he stayed inside. I think he really enjoyed walking around out there. They have chickens, cats, ducks, and dogs so he had a blast chasing and looking at all of those! They also have a toddler slide and swing that he really enjoyed. I was glad he got to explore and do some little "boy" things. I think he will enjoy going out there more the older he gets. I had to kinda sit back though and let him get dirty. I am kinda OCD about that he doesn't get very dirty here so I just had to let it happen. He started getting a little cranky though b/c he wanted to explore and there house is on a hill with a lake behind it. He wanted to go walk down the hill towards the pond type thing. I was scared he would get going and fall down. He obviously isn't used to hilly country so I tried to grab his hand and get him to walk with me. But he DID NOT like that! He is in a new independent phase of life where everything is "I do it". We finally went into eat and he ate a TON. He loved Austin's mom's cheesy chicken over rice and green beans. He ate 2 bowls of it! I am so glad he's a good eater and doesn't have to eat "kid food" all the time. I want him to be well rounded and eat the things we eat. He also ate applesauce and then some vanilla icecream. He loved the icecream and couldn't get enough. He has had it a few other times at birthday parties but we don't keep it around the house so its not something he has had a lot of. But now I think I am gonna have to buy my little guy some vanilla icecream for a treat. I wouldn't let him have it every day maybe just 1 or 2 days out of the week. I think he really had a good time with his cousins and I enjoyed watching them all play. Shelbi and Maggie also seemed to take to Austin and I more then they have in awhile too which was neat. I really wish they would come stay with us...especially Shelbi. I think she would have a blast with Colby and we could take her to do fun things with us. Maybe sometime soon!




Yesterday we got up and met his family at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Colby was really good and so was Maggie. He loves walking around the little store. And ofcourse he always ends up with something. This time it was a little stick pony. He loves it! Granted he doesn't really know how to gallop on it yet but he will one day! I can just picture him in a little cowboy hat and boots playing around the house on it! Well after Cracker Barell Austin and I headed to the campus bookmart to stock up on USM wear. I ended up with 1 long sleeved t-shirt and Colby got another jersey and some sweat pants. He always looks so cute in his little football player gear. Afterwards we went to his parents to tell them bye before we headed home. It was a quick trip but a good one. Again a little tiring with Colby and I thought he was actually fussier then when we went to TX but I think when there is that many people trying to love on him he gets a little overwhelmed but for the most part he handled it well! The pictures are just a taste of the 2 days and all the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment