Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mommy's lil wild man

Well today I decided to take Colby to the library for storytime. We started going during August but had to stop because it coincied with GymRompers. Well our Gym day has changed so we decided to go back. I mean its free so why not? Well its never been all that entertaining. The lady who leads it is not very peppy. I think they really need a person up there who loves kids especially younger kids. She just doesn't seem to even want to interact with the babies. Its infant/toddler storytime. So right there you should know that these lil guys are not going to have long attention spans. I hate to complain but I do think it could be better. But we will probably still go b/c it gets us out the house and gives me a little chance to talk to other moms and Colby time to be around other kids. Well we got there and Colby loved walking around the library and he would even say "books" as he passed the shelves. Well once it was 10 I brought him over to circle time and at first he did ok but then he decided it would be much more fun to get up and walk. So he pranced around everywhere. I didn't know whether to be embarrassed or just laugh it off. I mean he's 15 months he really doesn't know better...although at Gymrompers he always sits in circle time but I think its b/c that is more interesting. Well I basically followed him around b/c it wasn't worth the fight of trying to make him sit still he would have just pitched a fit which in turn would have been even more embarrasing. There were a few other restless kids too but I think Colby definitely tried to steal the spotlight. When she turned the CD player on he ran up there and started trying to press buttons. I just don't want anyone to think my child is out of control b/c I always talk about those people. And he is really a good kid its just toddler years and he's soo curious. I think I am going to have a little Dennis the Menace on my hands. I see him as the type of boy who isn't bad as far as being defiant I just think his curiosity and love of life will get him in trouble! Well after the circle time they have coloring sheets for them to color. Well all he wanted to do was eat the crayons. I have tried working with him lately to get him to color but he just puts them in his mouth. Not sure when he will learn to not do that! I do want to try finger painting with him soon b/c I do think he would enjoy that. I think though we might start off with baby food first to "paint" with. Who knows. But back to our day we left the library and went to the grocery store. I didn't get a whole lot mainly just stuff for breakfast and food for Colby. He loves cereal so I always have to keep like 2 boxes on hand. I am glad b/c its so easy for breakfast and healthy too! He loves his cheerios! Well that was our morning now he is in bed and mommy has lots to do and hopefully time for a nap too!

No comments:

Post a Comment