Monday, April 26, 2010

Another Mommy/Son Park date!

Today we didn't have anywhere to go or anywhere to be so I decided I would take Colby to the park again! I know it seems like we go all the time but he loves it so much! I think its important to get kids outside and let them play hopefully this will lead to a life of healthy activity! This is probably the only time we will get to go this week atleast until Saturday. We have a pretty bush schedule ahead of us!
Anyway we decided to try out Terrytown playground again. We went there about a month ago with my parents and Colby LOVED it! It is usually full of school kids during the week b/c Terrytown Elementary uses it also. But this week schools are out so I figured we would have a good shot of getting to play. Sure enough at first we had the place to ourselves. I really prefer it that way unless its other toddlers. I don't really like Colby playing around school age children. They are too big and aren't old enough to realize he's a little guy. Colby was quite fascinated with the lawn mowers who were grooming the baseball field. He had a good time on the play are as well. He tried the slides but once again they have been toasting in the sunshine and were too hot for bare legs. This is the only downer to warm weather. He played for awhile and loved the bridge on the playground...soon though a little girl and her dad came. She was probably about in the 1st grade or so. Well they were running around and chasing each other and she about knocked into Colby a few times. After that we both decided it was time to go. I didn't want him to get hurt. I was glad we left when we did too b/c another boy about the same age was coming up when we left too.
We took the fun home and played in the backyard for atleast an hour! Colby had the best time! Its another beautiful day so we played and played! I love that he loves the outdoors so much! Now he is off napping...I'm sure we will have more outdoor time later today! I love the days when him and I can just hang out and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment