Sunday, April 25, 2010

My sweet Angel


So I know every parent wants and expects the best from their child. And especially as a Christian my biggest prayer is for my son to have a relationship with God and grow to love God as he grows older. We want this to begin from the time they are babies. I have tried to do my best to teach Colby about God, church, Jesus, prayer since he was an infant. We have been praying with him, reading his Bible, and taking him to church since he was a newborn. Sometimes you feel like you will never see the results. Sometimes you might think its not worth it to do these things when they are so young because they can't understand anyways. Well my precious baby is already showing that he has learned and is already showing a love for Jesus.

He first began bowing his head and folding his hands to say "Thank You God" at mealtimes. Some days I forget but most of the time he will remind me.

The last two weeks when we pull up at church he says "church church" which makes me proud that he knows where he is and already seems to love church. I know I was blessed to have parents who brought me to church everytime the doors were open. I always loved church because of that.

Today he really made me proud though. My mom was reading him the Bible story in Sunday School. The story was about Jesus. Well after the story she asked him "Where's Jesus" and right away Colby pointed to Jesus in the picture. I don't recall ever testing him on this either. I mean he has Bibles that we read, and flashcards from church and different things with Jesus' picture. But he did it twice so it wasn't a fluke! It just shows how much his little mind is learning! It makes me proud that he is learning these things. It is some affirmation the we are doing things somewhat right with him. But its also scary to think that if he's picking the good things up he is probably picking up our bad habits as well.

So anyways I am so happy to see that my little guy is already starting a relationship with the Lord. Right now its a simple one but the Bible says "Let the children come" and also "have childlike faith" so this is where it all begins! I can't wait for the day when he accepts Jesus as his Savior and decides to walk with Him. But I had to share these little precious moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment