Saturday, April 17, 2010

Refreshed Momma!

Wow I feel so much better today! I guess sometimes a break from the little one is what you need in order to feel refreshed and like a good momma again! Since Colby spent last night with my parents I had from around 5 last night until 9 this morning for just me.
It was great to go to the game and hang out with friends. I missed Colby especially once I saw a few other toddlers out there but at the same time I was glad he wasn't out there because I know he would have been tired and miserable the whole time! Austin hurt himself in like the 4 inning so he was out the rest of the time boo for that! So I didn't get to watch him play a whole lot! After the game we went out for dessert with some of our friends. That was nice too because that is something we never get to do much anymore! By the time we got home though we were both pretty worn out!
This morning even though I didn't sleep past 8:15 I felt refreshed and it was nice to just get dressed and get some chores done without an antsy toddler clinging to me! I even got to Starbucks and got myself some coffee before picking him up! I was a little worried when I talked to my parents that he would be grumpy again today. He woke up at 7 and also didn't eat a big breakfast they said and was coughing some overnight but he has been in a great mood so far! I think we both just needed a break from each other. When I arrived at my parents he came running to the door and was ready to leave. Its not that he didn't have fun over there but just like yesterday he was ready go leave here and go home with them. He just gets bored after awhile and wants a change of pace. My parents will be coming over here tonight and keeping him so he will enjoy that too! Austin and I have a Deacon's Banquet to go to. We won't be real late coming in though so that is why my parents are just gonna stay here with him. It will be nice again to have an adult function to go to and kinda sit back and relax a little!
I hope today goes as well as it has so far! I am enjoying playing with my little guy though I missed him last night! So that is all for now! Tomorrow we have church but I am thinking of just going to Sunday School and coming home. It really depends on Colby's coungh/runny nose. If it gets a lot better we will stay the whole time if not we will just go to Sunday School and come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment