Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My little Gymromper

Today Colby went to Gymrompers. This is not his usual day. I think it through us both off going today. I started to just not go and go to the grocery store but the session ends in May and this is his last one so I want to take advantage of all the classes. First off this class starts at 9:30 which is normally when we leave so our morning was a little rushed it felt like. But we got ready in time and actually arrived early.
This was a different teacher today so it just seemed different altogether. I was glad to see some of the other mommies and kids from our Tuesday class there though. That made it seem better and more familiar. This was this girl's first time to teach so it wasn't as good as normal but I have to say she did really good for it to be her first time teaching it. I missed Miss Kim though. Colby loves her and she always makes a big deal of when he comes in.
Colby did pretty well today but seemed a little off. I blame this on several reasons. 1) He has a bit of a cold. 2) New teacher and different class 3) He is probably tired we haven't slowed down much since the weekend. He did good though he participated really well he just got upset a few more times then he usually would. He was so cute though during the instrument time he usually runs right for them. Well today he was distracted playing and didn't get to them during the "mad rush" so instead of just going to get his instrument late it was like his feelings were hurt that he missed part of that playtime. So he sat on my lap and waited (which he never does). It was like he was waiting patiently for the animals to come out so he could be first for those! As always he got the kitties. I think he wrangled them both from 2 mommies. Oh well though least he didn't take one from another kid. He even picked up the kitties though when it was clean up time. He did most of his usual stunts but just didn't quite seem as peppy as usual. I saw him watching a couple other boys real close and he played peek a boo with a little girl! We had fun but I am looking forward to next week being at our real class!
Now the rest of the day we are staying home! I have lots of house chores to do and I am hoping Colby sleeps well back in his own bed for naptime. His naps have been off the last 2 or 3 days so I am hoping to get back to our routine today!

No comments:

Post a Comment