Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thank God for Sundays







I really love Sundays. I love going to church and seeing my church family and leaving refreshed from worshipping to gear up for another week. Today was a little unsual though Colby and I only went to Sunday School and left before church. We had planned this last night just because of us both being sick and the busy weekend we already had. I really didn't want either of us to get worse just because we were overtired. Plus Austin is off the next 2 days and I wanted us to be well enough to do some family things together!




Sunday School went pretty well it was just Colby and Broc today. Colby was a little clingy and whiny but not overall bad or anything. I think it was really because he had to poop and wanted to get home to do that otherwise I think he would have had a blast. I knew he was glad to get out the house though because other then going to my parent's house and the grocery store he hasn't done anything since last Wednesday. He and Broc interacted a little more today which was fun to watch. We did animal puzzles and talked about God creating the animals. What kid doesn't love that story right?!? I figured Colby would be darting out the door when Sunday School was over but we had to walk Broc down to the 2 year old room for extended care and Colby went in with him and just started playing. At that point I probably could have gone on and left him but I hated to leave just in case he would be miserable for most of the hour and I really didn't want to stretch him anyway. So we left and picked up lunch and came home. It was nice to come home and have some time to play before he had to eat and nap. We even played outside some. After all that I cooked his green peas to have with his mac n cheese from McAlister's. I was so proud he ate a great lunch. He ate almost the whole bowl of peas and all the mac n cheese. He also ate a thing of yogurt.




After naptime Colby and I had a good afternoon he was in the best mood. Much better then friday! We played all up until Austin came home. Then we ate and all took a family walk. It was rushed tonight though because of the rain coming. It was so nice though to come home and hear rain, thunder, and lightning. Even Colby was fascinated it seems. He kept whispering ooh whats that? I am glad so far he isn't scared of storms! I just told him when we tucked in not to be afraid that mommy and daddy were in the next room and he had his Scout and Elmo in there with him and God was always with him.




All in all a wonderful day! Oh and Colby is starting to talk soo much! Today when we were pulling up at church he started saying "church church" then at breakfast he said "oatmeal". Its so cute to hear him saying all these new words!

No comments:

Post a Comment