Friday, April 23, 2010

Last Couple of Days

This week has been pretty low key for the most part. Yesterday was our usual weekly grocery trip. Once again Colby did great. We came home and hung out the rest of the day. Last night though Austin had a softball game so my parent's came to watch Colby and I met Austin downtown. We left early so that we would have time for dinner. We got to eat a nice peaceful dinner out just the 2 of us. Then we headed to the game. We knew we were gonna be early but it was ok. We got to the field and visited and watched the other game. Well when it was time for Austin's game the other team didn't show up. Our team just decided to scrimage. We were both dissapointed on how the evening went. If we would have known we probably would have gone out to eat, gone shopping and headed home. I think Austin hated to miss the night to hang out with Colby for nothing. I mean we enjoyed the time together and with friends but it kinda sucked to drive all the way out to the ballfield for not a real game! Oh well it still got me out of the house and gave my parents time with Colby. They said he did really well. They have kept him a lot lately and I think they have enjoyed it! They just kept him at our house though b/c he spent the night out last week and with austin not seeing hime a whole lot lately we decided it was best to keep him at our house.
Today we didn't have any specific plans in order so after our bug sprayer lady came I decided to load Colby up and go to Petsmart. I really wanted to take him to the aquarium today but I hated to go alone plus with the bug lady we would have been later leaving which I like to get there right when they open. So we opted for Petsmart. The cat and dog needed some food plus since they have live animals there I figured it would entertain Colby and it would be an outting at least. Sure enough he really liked it. I let him walk around and check out the fish, birds, rats, and cats by himself. He sure enjoyed that part. The kitties and birds though were his favorite! Once it was time to really shop though I put him in a cart. We got our things and headed home. Once we got home Colby wanted to go out and play as usual which I am glad we did b/c its pouring now so outside time the rest of today and probably tomorrow is out of question! I got the bright idea while being out there to get his cozy coupe out of the garage and put it in the backyard. Why I never thought of this before I don't know! Sometimes he gets bored out there b/c we don't have a whole lot for him. We do have a swing, a toddler playset, and some gardening tools for him but thats it. My goal this summer is to work on getting some outdoor things. This time last year we didn't need them but now he is outside all the time! He had a blast though with his coupe car. He scooted and pushed and played with that thing for over an hour I think! It was nice out b/c it was cloudy and breezy so it wasn't hot at all!
Once he got down for his nap the worst thunderstorm has been going on for 3 hours I think. Its raining, lightning, and thundering. I was worried it would wake him but so far it hasn't. I think we are under a flood watch too. This afternoon we will just be hanging low it looks like inside! If it slacks off some and not lightning I will let Colby go out in his raincoat out front! Well thats it for today's post. Austin is off tomorrow so I am hoping it doesn't do this all day tomorrow too! I want to take Colby some place fun! Its rare that daddy is off on Saturday so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment