Saturday, April 10, 2010

Softball and Birthday Party!







Today was a very busy Saturday for us but also very fun! I see many Saturdays being like this in the future though with t-ball games and birthday parties this will probably be a norm!



First Austin had his first softball game of the year. It was at 9:00 which meant we had to leave our house a little after 8. We had to wake up really early but it was fun I didn't mind so much! I even woke up and baked cinnamon rolls for everyone before we left!



I was excited to see how Colby would like it this year. He has been the last 2 years first year he was still in my tummy last year he was just a baby! He always loved it last year but by the end of the season he was just learning to crawl so it was a whole different ballgame. I always brought a blanket and a bunch of toys and a bottle and he always had a blast. Plus he had his friend Blake there to keep him company.



Well today he didn't seem to like it as much. I hope by the end of the season he will be more used to it and actually let himself have fun! The whole time he was whiny and clingy. I couldn't figure out why. It could have been the fact that Austin was on the field and he couldn't figure out why, or that he was still sleepy, or he just was overwhelmed. I figured I would be chasing him the whole time and he would be running all over but he just stayed clinging to my leg or on my lap the entire time. It wasn't too bad I don't guess least he wasn't trying to run on the field. I just wish he would have warmed up to everyone around us and had a little fun! He finally got comfortable right at the end for like the last 10 minutes. Once we got home I could tell he was already worn out and probably hungry. So we played out back for like 20 minutes then came home and he ate and crashed. This was a good thing though b/c we had to leave at 3 for his little birthday party.



This afternoon his little friend Cameron had her 2nd b-day party! I was so excited for him to get to see her. They grew up together in the nursery for their first year before her family moved to Slidell. We still see them every couple of months. I hoped that he would have a good time. I remember last year at her party he was only about 9 months old and he was just learning to crawl so he didn't do much at the party. It was amazing to see the difference in a year! He had a blast! Most of her party was outside in their backyard so he was in heaven. They had a dog, swing, trampoline, and little playset so he had the time of his life! There was 3 toddlers: Colby, Cameron, and another little girl. It was halarious watching them all play. Colby also wanted to get in on the action with the big kids! He even sat at the table and ate some cake...well mainly he licked icing off his finger! His favorite part I think though were the trampoline and swing. He was really good and in fact didn't want to leave! I am glad he had such a good time! Now I am looking forward to his next little kid birthday party and his birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment