Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Hattiesburg Trip






















We just got back from Hattiesburg we took our yearly April trip there a little early. We usually go around the 20th for Austin's niece's b-day. We didn't know if we would make her party so we just went ahead and went. It was a short visit we were only there 2 days but we still managed to have lots of fun! Its amazing how each time we go there how much Colby has changed. I was thinking back to last winter when we were there and he was just a baby. Our trips there are more fun I think now b/c he can interact with his cousins and everyone can watch him play! Plus he's on a lot less tighter schedule now that he is older too. It seemed like when he was a baby everything had to be planned around naps and feedings...I mean we still have to take those things in consideration but he is a lot more flexible now.






We headed up there Monday morning and got to his parent's house around 10:30 or so. Colby right away wanted to play in their yard. He had a blast running around and swinging. By noon Colby was starving so we met his parents and sister and Colby's cousin Maggie at Sweet Peppers. Colby did really well poor thing ate a ton he was soo hungry after all his playing and showing off! After lunch we knew Colby would be exausted so we went back to the apartment with him to nap. We all took naps it was really nice. I love that we have a quiet get away like that when we are there! After we all woke up we went back to his parents house. By this time both girls were there. Colby had a blast playing outside with his 2 cousins. He is starting to interact with them more. It took them a little while to all warm up to each other but I think he was very curious about them. They ran around and played before dinner. After dinner we all went back outside to let the kids play some more. Eventually this led to all 3 of them playing in the garden hose. It was too cute not to let them play! The girls enjoyed watching Colby "drink" from the hose. I enjoyed seeing the 3 giggle and have fun I look forward to many more of these times! We could tell by about 6:30 though Colby had had enough. He didn't take a long nap and from all the excitement of the day you could tell he was worn out. We got him back to the apartment and he played for a little while naked he loves this! He just ran around like a wild man! Typical boy! I was a little worried about bedtime b/c last time we were there he fell out his bed and would cry everytime we would put him in there. This time though he did fine. He slept for about 12 hours with no crying at all! I was so proud!






This morning we got up and met his family again at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. I had blueberry pancakes and sausage which I shared with Colby. I am glad he is starting to try more breakfast foods. He got very antsy though so I finally took him out to the store then outside. He enjoyed climbing in all the rockers. Once we left Cracker Barrel we took him to the zoo. We first let him play on the playground part. He had a good time and tried most of it out. I think he would have done more but there were 4 adults calling him and I think he would just get confused. This is why I prefer to take him to the park by myself or with just Austin. He likes to play alone and figure things out on his own without much help. After that we took him into the zoo and road the train. He seemed to really like it. He didn't smile much though he just looked around. I think he enjoyed it I think he was just wondering where in the world we had taken him. This was his first train ride besides the little one at the mall. After we let him walk around and see some animals. His favorite was the jaguar. I think its because he knows its a big kitty cat! It was a great morning and I was glad we got to get out and do something with him. The lst few times we had been up there it was too cold and when he was a baby we didn't really go places like that. I am glad Austin's family got to see him experience these things too! After the zoo we ate lunch ate hit the road. It was a wonderful trip! Glad to be home though! Now we are all relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment