Friday, April 16, 2010

Tired of sickness and teething!

Ok well let me begin this post by saying I know I could have it so much worse and I am thankful each day that Colby hasn't had any major sicknesses. But I just feel like as far as "small" bugs go we have been through it this year! We have had something every month this year! January bad sinus colds, February stomach bug, March horrible stomach bug, and now April more cold/allergy type stuff plus teething!

Its been awhile since Colby has been THIS grumpy from teething! He is getting his 2 year molars now and PRAISE the Lord they are the last ones to come in! I know he will be ready too to have all his teeth in! I really hope this is the worst year for sicknesses. I hear the 1-2 age is the worst for catching everything so I hope that's true! He was such a healthy baby and not that he is not healthy now it just seems like since last October about every month he has something. I can't even imagine what it would be like though if he was in daycare! So this has seemed like quite a long week. I think all this stuff began last weekend and we were so busy until Wednesday that I think it just took its toll on Colby. He has just been happy to sad happy to sad for the last 2 days. I think more of it is his teeth though then the cold that is slowing him down! Last night I was brushing his teeth...which he normally loves well I got to the back and he screamed and cried! I am just praying all 4 are coming in right now and not just 1. To think of having to do this 3 more times just makes me cringe!

Today we had the option to go on a Zoo playdate or even go the park but I opted out of both. I know he's still sick and doesn't feel well. I don't want to get anyone else's child sick or make him worse. We have quite a busy weekend so I hope he is well for most of it. Tonight Austin and I are going to Austin's church softball game. We are leaving Colby home this week b/c the game is not until 7:40. Actually he is spending the night with my parents. Honestly the way I feel right now I am very glad and I think it will be good for me to have a break! Last week at the game all he did was cling to me and whine anyway. It will be nice tonight to actually visit and watch the game. Although I do hope he's good for my parents and doesn't act the way he has acted so far today with me.

Tomorrow we don't have anything during the day but then tomorrow night Austin and I have the Deacon's Banquet. Again Colby still have to sit this one out. I don't think children are invited anyway. My parents are keeping him over at our house. I didn't want him to spend 2 nights away. And since we won't be coming in late they will just watch him at our house. Sunday ofcourse is church and I hope Colby is better and not worse so we can go! So if you are reading this just pray for patience for me b/c I am really worn out and trying to get over a cold myself. I know he can't help the way he feels. Also pray for him to get well soon and get back to the happy little boy he normally is!

No comments:

Post a Comment