Friday, April 30, 2010

Softball, Disney on Ice, Company and Birthday!


Wow I feel like the last 24 hours have been crazy busy but in a good way! It started out last night Austin had another softball game. Once again him and I ate dinner together then headed out to the field. My parents kept Colby at home b/c it was just too late for him to go. I had a good time this week b/c Laura was out there to keep me company. Once we got home it was go go till we went to bed trying to get our house "company ready".

Today we began our day by taking Colby to Disney on Ice. I was very excited. We took him last year when he was only 9 months old and he liked it then but I'm not sure how much he got out of it since he was only a baby. I knew this year would be different b/c he actually knows some of the characters and is also more aware of things like that. It started out ok he was oohhh and ahhhing at the characters when we first sat down...but quickly things went downhill. He brought in a small little ball with him well about 2 minutes into the performance he dropped it and it fell down to the row in front of us...well this sent him into hysterics. There was nothing we could do to get the ball either. We tried to distract him with snacks and juice. Both worked for a small amount of time. Finally I told Austin to go buy him one of the spinny light up toys they sell at those type events. Again he was distracted for a little while but quickly became bored with that as well. He also wanted to "shake it" which made us nervous that he would club someone over the head with it. His legs were also almost too long to be held in our lap he kept coming close to kicking the lady beside us and in front of us. I'm sure they were annoyed with our squirmy toddler. We also passed him back and forth from Austin to me to my dad to my mom. He would sit for 5 minutes then start crying. Well at Intermission Austin let him walk around some to burn off energy. He wasn't happy when it came time to sit so I took him in my lap and really thought I was gonna have to spank him b/c he was getting so unruly. Finally though he settled in to my lap and actually watched a good part of the show! He was saying "mickey" and loved the beach scene and Christmas scene. So I finally felt like maybe we got our money's worth and all was not lost. If I had to do it all over again I might have purchased a ticket for him so we would have more room...next year we will have to. I am still glad we brought him though...I want him to get used to sitting at these things so he won't be a pill when he's older. I think its good just for him to experience different stuff too. So all in all I think it was good and he enjoyed it it just wasn't quite as I expected!

Next once we finally got home (seemed to take forever traffic was crazy) Austin's parents were already at our house. So we got in changed and got lunch set out. I had bought roast beef and sandwhich fixings so we could just make our own sandwhichs or poboys. Colby loved the lunch meat and cheese and some cheese puff things. He also ate grapes and yogurt. He really pigged out...poor guy was probably starving since it was 1 or after before he sat down to eat! He normally eats at noon. After that he was in need of a nap! He was a little upset about that fact since he had an audience here. But once he got in his room we didn't hear another peep. He slept until 4:30 and man did he need it!

Once he woke up it was time to go to my parent's house for Austin's b-day dinner. We headed there. We had a good dinner. Colby was a little ill mannered at first I think he wasn't totally awake. But he finally got in a good mood and played soo hard! He had the best time. He was quite the ham and showed off for everyone! He's a mess! I know he will sleep good tonight too b/c between climbing the stairs, running around, and bouncing on the couch he was surely worn out! I am tired too! Its been a great day! Tomorrow will probably be busy as well! I only got 1 picture today of Colby at Disney on Ice and none tonight guess I was so busy having fun I forgot to take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment