Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday Fun!











Austin was off today so we have had one of our usual fun family Mondays. First off we got to sleep in until 8. It was so nice to get that extra hour of sleep! We got up and made Colby's breakfast and our coffee and got ready for the day. Colby is such a big boy now he eats at the big table for snacks. He always starts his morning with fruit so he sat at the big table eating his strawberries and grapes and drinking his milk. He wanted back in the highchair though for his oatmeal. Then he eats his last part of breakfast puffs or dry cereal in front of the tv. Guess he likes different scenery?




Once we were out the door we headed to the park. We tried Terrytown but it was full of school children so we went to Mel Ott instead. I like this park but I feel like the equipment is a little too big for Colby's age. It will be great when he's like 4. But he still had fun! We almost had one accident where he slipped down a step then almost fell off the side but Mommy caught him just in time! After the park we went to Lowe's to pick out some flowers...we needed springtime/summer flowers for our back. We also got some veggies to plant. Now that Colby is getting a little older and he loves veggies I thought it would be fun to try our hand at gardening! We always do tomatoes but I wanted to do more then that. So we got creole tomato plants and some garden bean seeds, okra seeds, and peas. So we'll see how it goes! I have a friend who is willing to offer some tips!




This afternoon after Colby's nap we played outside. I thought it would be a good idea to get his splash pool out. I have seen pics of other kids swimming already so I thought hey its like 80 today why not? Well Colby was excited at first but once he sat in the water he was not so much. I guess it was still too cold for this! But he enjoyed running around in his swimsuit and splashing once he got his shoes back on. We must have stayed out for over an hour! He had so much fun! But man on man did he get dirty! We had to hose him off before he came back inside! I guess this is what I have to look forward to with a little boy! I think we will all sleep good tonight though because it is warming up so much outside so if you spend anytime out it wears you out! But its been a great day we are just staying in and possibly getting italian takeout tonight. I am craving some pasta alfredo!

No comments:

Post a Comment