Sunday, April 25, 2010

Out of Normal Sunday

So today was just an off day for some reason. Its one of those days where one thing gets off so the rest of the day seems to follow. It wasn't a bad day just an off day! It started out with Sunday School. We arrived and Kristie and Cade were already in our room. Again not a bad thing or big deal its just we normally arrive there early so I can feel a little prepared and it usually gives Colby that time to warm up. Well he got thrown off thinking I was going to leave him there. He didn't get too upset but he just seemed shy and not sure at first. The second part that made it different was Mrs. Shirley the other teacher wasn't going to be there today. My mom volunteered to stay. Again not a bad thing and I enjoyed working with her it was just again another adjustment. Colby and Cade though were doing real well and playing really good. Colby was enjoying having his mommy and grammy in there. It was all going well until one of the "baby" teachers decided to stick her head in there. She happens to be friends with my mom. My mom was carrying Cade around at the moment. Well the "baby" teacher decided to take Cade and said she thought he wanted to go swing. Well Cade was a little disatisfied at the moment but I was going to break out the puffs which after that he is usually fine. I think he was just disatisfied that Colby was moving around and he isn't mobile yet. I remember this age very well for Colby. Well she ended up taking him anyways...she also announced it loudly that Cade was going to swing. Well Colby heard this and thought she meant the outdoor swings. So he headed towards the door as well. Then he got really upset when we made him get back in the classroom. Well after that I told my mom since no one else was there let's just take Colby out for a little while. I knew he would have it stuck in his mind that whole time now about swinging. So we brought him out the little toddler playground and let him swing. He had a blast. It kinda worried my mom and I though b/c there were tons of bumble bees around. I don't think they would bother us but I was worried about there being a nest near by and that when Colby got down he might disturb them.
He was fine with going inside though we bribed him with snacktime. So he contently ate his snack while my mom told him the Bible story. Cade stayed in the babyroom the rest of the time. I was really dissapointed though b/c I hoped he would come back so atleast Colby would have someone to interact with. It got confusing around extended care time also because usually Colby goes up to the 2 year old room for ec. Well there were no 2's today so I thought maybe him and Cade could just stay in our room and since my mom had ec with the babies that would mean she would stay back with Colby too! I always feel better when its one of us with him. Well they left it like that briefly but then another baby came in and then the other workers for Colby's age came in so my mom switched back with Cade to the baby room and Colby was in our room with the helpers. It kinda perturbs me though b/c both workers bring their older kids with them. I don't agree with this practice at all. One little girl is 3 and she should be in her own class and the others were like 6 and 8 or something. All 3 girls are sweet I just don't think they should have older kids in there. I would never dream of keeping Colby with me when I work back there. That would be like me bringing Colby in the baby room and trying to keep up with babies. 1) I wouldn't want Colby possibly getting the babies sick, 2) I know he might hurt them not on purpose but just because he is bigger, and 3) I would probably end up paying more attention to him then the kids I am there to watch.
I know these Sundays too Colby seems more worn out. I'm sure the little girls all want to play with him and in turn it probably really wears him out. I want him exposed to other kids just kids his age. Anyway that is my soapbox. Luckily though I picked him up after church and he was in a fine mood just seemed tired. So we went to McAlister's like we always do on Sundays. Usually Colby does really well here. He loves the good and the atmosphere. Plus its quick so we are usually in out and before he gets fussy and bored. Well today he was not happy at all. He ate for a couple minutes but then got really upset. I know this is probably b/c he had to poop. I know how he gets when that is the case. He only ever poops at home so he got really aggitated and upset. I didn't want to make him eat since that was probably his deal. So we quickly packed up and brought him home. It was annoying but I couldn't be mad at him b/c he wasn't being a brat he just really was uncomfortable and wanted to get home to relieve himself.
Once we got home he was fine I think just knowing he would be in his own little bed later which is where he usually poops. So he was able to eat his lunch at home. I really gave him no other choice though. I didn't want him to go to bed hungry and wake up 1 hour later. On Sundays he NEEDS his 3 hour nap for sure to recoup from the day. I haven't heard him so I assume he is out! Again a good day just kinda a strange off one! Its beautiful outside though so I hope to enjoy the outdoors once he wakes up around 4 or 4:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment