Monday, March 29, 2010

Another Great Family Day!











Again can I say how much I love Mondays? Austin was off again today and we planned another fun filled family day. Originally we wanted to take Colby to the Global Wildlife Center. I even checked times which the earliest was 10 but it had limited availability. I was worried we would get there and there wouldn't be anymore room. I know Colby would love this trip and it was such a beautiful day but we just decided to not go that far today. Plus all 3 of us have minor colds I think...well I think Colby actually passed it to Austin and I. We both have tickles in our throats which Colby had the runny nose/sneezes Friday. I just love how we pass all this stuff around!





Well we came up with plan 2 which was to go out to park in Metairie and feed the ducks. We had never done this before so I figured Colby would be fascinated. We got there and first thing fed the ducks, geese, seagulls. Colby just watched and laughed he didn't want to actually feed them. He kinda stayed his distance away from them too not sure if he was a little scared or would just rather watch. Afterwards we took him to the playground. He had a blast as always and did his tummy slide several times! So cute! We finally left when the area got taken over with like 9 year olds! We were right by BabiesRUs so I talked Austin into taking a little trip in there. We have only been there 1 other time. Ofcourse when we go we spend wayyy too much money I guess its a good thing its located so far from us!





We got Colby some pjs, cd for Easter, pacifiers (b/c they aren't going away anytime soon I dont guess), sippy cups, snack bowls, diapers, etc. Yea I probably went a little crazy but ooh well!





Afterwards we headed to PF Changs for lunch. Austin wasn't too thrilled with the idea...he isn't one really for Chinese food...but I have had a craving for it for awhile and I want to expose Colby to different types of foods so he doesn't get stuck on one particular thing. This week he has done very well laying off the Graduate meals and eating what we eat. We have tried to do various things this week (mexican, cheeseburgers, chickfila, pizza, sandwhiches, and now chinese). I figured he would find something he liked there. I ordered him stir fry noodles with chicken. He gobbled it up! I was so glad I ordered him that! He wouldn't eat any of my fried rice or sweet n sour chicken though. I think he would have if he wouldn't have had another option though. He also liked the chip type things they give you with the egg drop soup. I have to say though he was soo good today! I mean eating out with him is hit or miss. I feel he usually acts the best when its just Austin and I. But he just sat there the whole time eating or looking around. We were probably there over an hour too! Glad he let Austin and I eat in peace somewhat!





So now we are back home and planning to all relax and nap. This afternoon I'm sure we will get back out in the yard and take walks. We are also planning to grill chicken and do sweet potato fries and have green beans. I know this is a meal Colby will love! That's all for now off to enjoy my nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment